LGBT Lavender Pride Recognition Ceremony
The Multicultural Leadership Center at CSUF invites you to attend the 9th Annual LGBT Lavender Pride Recognition Ceremony on Thursday, May 16, 2013, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm in TSU Pavilion A. This event is an opportunity for family and friends to celebrate the accomplishments of our of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and ally students. Students who participate in the ceremony will be individually recognized and receive a v-stole. They will also receive a commemorative booklet containing short biographies of the graduate candidates and a participation certificate. All graduating students are invited to participate.
- This event is free of charge. No tickets are required. However, guest seating is limited and will be available on a first come-first served basis.
- Off-campus guests can park in the State College Parking Structure. Parking permits are $8. (Campus Map)
- Students are invited to submit brief biographical statements for the commemorative booklet (Biographical Statement Instructions LGBT Pride Ceremony). You CANNOT make any changes to your registration or biographical statement after you submit.
- Deadline for biographical statements is Friday, April 26.
- Students, family, and friends can also purchase congratulatory messages for the commemorative booklet. (LGBT Pride Congratulatory Message Packet. Messages and payment are due Friday, April 26.
- We also have a student speaker component and encourage you to apply. The selected student will deliver a brief speech at the ceremony (LGBT Pride Student Speaker Application). Deadline to submit the application is Friday, April 19.
- In keeping with the ceremonial nature of this event, academic regalia (cap and gown) is required for graduating students.
- We ask that the honorees arrive at Pavilion A no later than 6:15 pm to prepare for the processional.
- A reception with light refreshments will follow the ceremony.
This event is open to the first 50 students who register. You must register on-line and attend the ceremony to receive a v-stole. Registration for this event is open March 22 and continue through April 26 (or until capacity is reached, whichever comes first).
To register, please click here.
Check this website and your email for updates regarding the LGBT Pride Recognition Ceremony.