Careers in the Arts, Entertainment & Communications
Within each of the Arts, Entertainment & Communication industry career categories, there is a whole world of work options that are as diverse and individual as you are! Take advantage of the fact you are a college student, and use Career Center events, workshops and online resources to explore. I recommend doing internships above almost anything else to explore. Not only will it help you explore the field you are interested in, but it will help you explore yourself and build your network. Learning about who you are is just as important as learning about the industry where you hope to make a career.
Call the front desk of the Career Center to schedule an appointment to meet with me early in your time here at CSUF! Appointments take place in my office at the Career Center, LH 208, Monday through Friday, anytime from 8am-5pm. Call (657) 278-3791 to schedule.
- Discuss career options
- Create a customized job search strategy
- Draft a career action plan
- Develop or review and polish a resume and cover letter
- Practice interviewing by doing a "Mock Interview"
- Learn how to best find a job or internship
- Learn how to build your network
- Coping strategies for handling stresses or challenges related to careers, jobs or internships
- Share your successes!