First-Time Freshmen Undergraduate Students
At Cal State Fullerton, we aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge. Our affordable undergraduate and graduate programs provide students the best of current practice, theory and research and integrate professional studies with preparation in the arts and sciences. Through experiences in and out of the classroom, students develop the habit of intellectual inquiry, prepare for challenging professions, strengthen relationships to their communities and contribute productively to society.
Basic Application Process
- Read our guide on the Whole Admissions Process for First-Time Freshmen.
- Complete the online application at CSUMentor.edu. Apply as soon as possible as categories and majors may close at any time after the initial filing period has passed. Also be sure to read about our requirements, important updates and deadlines.
- Request your High School transcript be submitted to the Admissions office.
- Have your standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) reported to the Admissions and Records office. When taking the SAT use the CSUMentor code of 3594 to have your score report made available to any CSU campus of your choice.
- Additional required steps will be communicated during the process via emails and letters from the Admissions office.
- Application status will be available via the Student Portal.
- Check your messages often!
- Admissions Requirements
- Admissions Deadlines
- Accepting Admissions Offer and Paying the Enrollment Deposit
- Admissions Waitlist
- Admissions Appeal Process
- Early Start Program
- New Student Orientation (NSO)
- President's Scholars
- Notice of Availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Placement Exams (ELM and EPT)
- Eligibility Index and College Preparatory GPA
- Validation of High School Coursework
- Title IX Policies and Guide to Reporting